Dear families,
Thank you for a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration with our children. They enjoyed making Stone Soup and having a meal together. I am thankful to have the opportunity to know your children and guide them through these formative years. I can hardly believe how quickly this year is going!!
The Christmas Season is a time of caring for others and showing our love. To reflect this in class we will be making kindness chains. All my parent helpers will aid me in watching out for the children who go the extra mile with kind words, helping hands, and playing cooperatively. When we catch them in the act, write it down on a chain link; I will read them aloud at the end of day.
This month our study is on different aspects of the holiday season. We will begin our research with the Christmas Tree. I bet many of you have recently put a tree in your home to decorate, so we will add to their knowledge about this tradition. We will explore the children's interests and prepare for our finale - the Christmas Party on Thursday, Dec 18 and Friday, Dec. 19 in the morning. Specific details about this event will be communicated soon.
We are studying the short sound of the letter /i/. This is difficult to find at the beginning of words such as igloo, but are easier to find in the middle of words such as pig. Encourage your child to find items that have the short /i/ sound in a word.
No comments:
Post a Comment