Thursday, May 17, 2012

Butterflies and Moths

I want to thank all the children and families who made Teacher Appreciation week special. I appreciated all the thoughtful gifts and sweet sentiments.

I am excited to announce that all our silkworms have cocooned and one moth has hatched so far. They really look like Samari Warriors. Our butterflies emerged from their cocoons and after watching them eat and flitter around in their netted home we let them free. It was so much fun to watch them fly away.

Right now we are studying ants and singing, The Ants Go Marching. Next week will continue our bug adventures and prepare for the end-of-the-year.

Don't forget the important dates coming up:  

  • May 19th is scrapbooking day, MWF class starts at 9:00 until 11:00 and then TTH class starts at 11:30 until 1:00.  
  • June 1:  End of the Year Party, arrive at 5:45PM. Our children will be performing.
  • June 7 and 8 are our Class Party and Water Fun Day




No comments:

Post a Comment