Our new topic is bugs and we are off to a good start. Hastings Ranch Preschool donated more silkworms than we imagined. I had the "privilege" of providing them all a home last weekend and we estimated there were a 1,000 silkworms in the box. Silkworms can only eat mulberry leaves, so if you have a mulberry tree, we would greatly appreciate the help in providing food for the silkworms. Next time you pick-up your child, they may ask if they can take one home. I explained that they may, IF their parents agree to it.
Our dramatic play area is a picnic site that needs items. I found butterfly wings at the Dollar Tree, so we now have those, but if you have anything that would create a picnic atmosphere that would be so helpful.
A new addition to our Parent Bulletin Board is a weekly curriculum sheet where you can see what we are doing in class. Please feel free to give me input on how to make this sheet helpful for you.
May 4 is our Trike-A-Thon and some good questions came from parents so here are the answers:
"If I am not participating in this as a fundraiser because my obligations are complete, then may my child participate?" The answer is YES. We want everyone to have fun on their tricycles.
"What is the minimum obligation for this fundraiser?" The goal is to get sponsors to support them on how many laps they will do or give flat rate donation. The minimum amount is $25 total.
I hope our sunny weather returns soon so we can have fun with this topic outside. Keep dry!
Blessings,
Ms. Renee
So far, so good with the bugs! Matthew was thrilled with the fly swatting activity today! What fun our kiddos were having!!!
ReplyDelete