Dear families,
I hope your child enjoyed their first day of school. I really enjoyed meeting all of them. We have a great class and I am looking forward to watching all of them grow this year. Thank you for all the classroom supplies, our school appreciates it. We are doing very well on supplies now, so no more is needed.
The first month of school will be a time to really emphasize rules and expectations so that the children know what is expected of them. With our new schedule I barely have time to go over them. So I will be using every chance I have to state my expectations. I am also watching carefully to see how I can help them be successful.
When you are a parent helper, remember to arrive at school at 8:15 (time flies by and our teacher/parent meetings are very important), state the rule to the children of putting away the things they get out before they move to another activity so that the materials are ready for their next friend to use, and thank you to those parent helpers who stay and help clean the room so that it is ready for the next day.
**Note** All families arrive through the gate to the door by the playground except the parents working in the class that day. The gate will be unlocked at 8:25am. I have my greeting location worked out and want to welcome your children each morning. Thank you!
No comments:
Post a Comment