Today was our first day of school, and as always, there are some things to smooth out in our routine. I will be sure to post the daily schedule so that all my parent helpers know what comes next. I also realized today how quickly our morning routine flies by. I want it to run smoothly so I will need my parent helper's full attention at 8:25AM so that we can all be in our places as the children arrive.
Another thing that we decided school wide, is to assign clean-up tasks. Today our parents stayed way over the time we wanted to impose on them. Thank you parents for doing that! It won't happen again. On your workdays you will see your after-school clean-up responsibility on your clipboard. We don't want to impose on your time and want to relieve you of duties by 12:15.
The marble run, blocks, and dramatic play centers were very popular today. We discovered how hard it was to get all the blocks put back in place. I will print a picture of what the shelf looks like for reference.
Don't forget your family photos for "Our Families" bulletin board. We worked on them today and will continue this week and into next week if we need to.
We searched for dragonflies in our classroom and I had some amazing detectives who discovered more dragonflies than I had accounted for. :-) Here is a photo of our dragonfly texture table with interesting dragonfly facts.
We are looking forward to making friends and learning more about each other.
Sincerely, Ms. Renee
No comments:
Post a Comment