Monday, August 10, 2015

Welcome To The Dragonfly Class of 2015 - 2016

I certainly enjoyed seeing new and familiar faces at Parent Orientation night. Thank you for taking the time to come and learn more about our class and preparing for the school year ahead.

Some tips on helping your child get ready for school:

  • Start them on a school bedtime and wakeup routine so they have time to adjust. Make sure they get plenty of sleep.
  • Attend read-a-loud events at your local library to get your child used to hearing others read to them.
  • Attend our meet-and-greet event this week - T/Th class this Tuesday, August 11 from 9-10:30AM and MWF class this Wednesday, August 12 from 9 - 10:30AM.
  • While at the Meet-and Greet, get to know classmates and arrange a playdate
  • Share stories of your favorite preschool memories
  • If your child is not used to you leaving, arrange someone to watch your child and go out for awhile. This will start the process of them understanding that you can go and you will come back, so they do not worry.
I'm excited for our new school year and the learning adventures ahead.

2 comments:

  1. Ms. Rene, I talked with Ms. Jennifer at the Calimesa Library. So she will give us handouts for any event. I go on Thursdays at 10:30 for storytime/crafts/dance. So I will check with her periodically for events for our kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am excited about you being my rep and look forward to a wonderful year.

      Delete