Sunday, September 1, 2013

New Daily Schedule

Dear Families,
First, a big thank you to the parents that helped me change our classroom so it is ready for September!
I couldn't have done it without your help.
Last Thursday our staff had a meeting to discuss how the school day was flowing. We decided that free choice time was longer than the children needed. We desire that their free choice time be one of productive and engaged exploration. We cut free choice by half-an-hour and will use that time in our classrooms.
Also, I have planned small groups for our morning routine. So far the children are using it as free choice classroom time and I want to move it to picking a planned activity. To help me achieve this goal I need my parents (teacher aides) to be all set up at their activity and ready when the children arrive. I will work on having everything prepared for you and explain the goal of each center before 8:30am. Each center will have a learning goal and an active parent participating in facilitating the learning.
Below is our new schedule:
8:15am Parent Helpers arrive
8:20am Meet with teacher of the learning center you choose
8:25am Set up your small group station and be ready for the children
8:30am Children arrive and Small groups begin
9:15am Clean-up and Circle time
9:45 - 10:15am Inside Free choice centers
10:15-11:00am Inside/outside free choice
10:15-10:50am Snack is available
11:00-11:15am Clean-up/Transition back to class
11:15-12:00am End of the day Classroom Time
12:00-12:15 Parent Helper Clean-up

No comments:

Post a Comment