We had great brainstorms about what a box was and since this study immediately followed Christmas many of the children talked about packages. They explained that the packages were delivered by a mail carrier and so we are going to change our dramatic play area into a Post Office. Our study will naturally lead into transportation as the Friday Blast stated, but I wanted to explain the path this change took. Many of the children talked about making cars, trucks, trains, and tractors out of boxes and so we shift to transportation. Our block area will be filled with different modes of transportation. We appreciate any help with providing cars, trucks, and more. For the Post Office we will need lots of envelopes, stickers in the shape of a stamp, and more.
On a separate note, I also want to let you know how sad I am that so many children have gotten sick. We are taking extra precautions at our school.


No comments:
Post a Comment