Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

I sincerely hope you have all enjoyed your Christmas and time with family. I certainly have, but I am now focused on reuniting with my preschoolers. As we ring in the New Year, we also move into a new study at school...boxes. We will discover all about what is "in" them and what we can do with them. Our focus for January includes (but is not limited to):

  • Color:  white
  • Shapes:  squares and rectangles
  • Be like a scientist:  ask questions
  • Letters:  review first week and then o - q
  • Robots
How can you help? I need boxes (from match box size to giant size), springs, nuts and bolts, gears,.... our dramatic play area will be a place to create robots and whatever they can dream up with boxes and metal pieces. Look around and see what you have that might help.

No comments:

Post a Comment