Dear families,
Hope you enjoyed Willowbrook Farm! I just love that field trip. Our next big event is the Jubilee this Friday night, October 11th from 5 - 8 PM. Remember to stop by the office to purchase wristbands for $10 to play unlimited games/ earn a free cotton candy. Meal tickets are $5. I'll see you there dressed in carnival fashion!
Our tree study has begun and here is the direction the classes are currently heading. The MWF class is very interested in the bugs and animals of the trees. On Monday we looked at bird's nests and listened to different bird calls. The Tues/Th class is interested in acorns and the animals of the trees. They are looking at acorns and I found the best book about a dog and squirrel with acorns, called "That Pup!"by Lindsay George. With this in mind, take the time to look up into the trees and see what animals you find. Listen to the birds singing and search for acorns. I'd love us to join the hiking trip with Alicia Selvick this Saturday, October 12th, to walk amongst the trees together! More information to follow.
I also have a big project that could earn parents some work hours. If you are good with woodworking contact me and I'll share the information on the project.
Thank you all for your help!
Ms. Renee
No comments:
Post a Comment